Monday, July 28, 2008

stormed out synchro meet




I had to add this lovely picture of John and Cutie Pie!!




Saturday was the big day for the Moapa Mermaids synchro team! We were supposed to check in at 9:30 for warmups and team practice, but when we got there there was lightning strikes and so the competition did not start for another 2 hours. When it finally started they decided to have the teams go first instead of the soloists in case of more bad weather. Anyway the girls did okay for not being able to warm up or practice together! The mermaids got 3rd place! Daesha was not able to perform her solo and I think I was more bummed than she was. I just couldn't stand that we paraciticed so hard for 2 weeks for no reason, especially since the lightning was not over our area but over the mountains. I think they cut us because there was a swim meet next and they did not want the synchro to go over into the meet! Oh well Daesha will perform her solo at a parent meet on Saturday the 9th of August.

5 comments:

Tina said...

haha...Oh my gosh I seriously laughed so hard when I saw that picture of John and Cutie Pie! It is a classic! haha...
I wish we could see some of Daesha's competitions. They should do one in Phoenix :) Thanks so much for checking on me in the hospital. I am doing much better now! Hope to see you all soon! Love ya!

K and K and kids said...

That is a bummer that Daesha didn't get to perform her solo. But hooray! for 3rd place for the team!!! Love the picture of John!

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

3rd that is AWESOME! Congrats Daesha! Can't wait to hear how you do on Aug. 9th. Good Luck!!!

Sherrie said...

That stinks poor Daesha!!!! Congrats on 3rd though. Love the picture of your hubby and dog!!!!

Vicki said...

Hey Desi, I saw your blog and wanted to check it out, hope you don't mind. Ours is congerclan.blogspot.com