Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Last Day of School! Yeah!!!

+ Last day at the bus stop!
Jerrick is very happy to get his picture taken with his teachers
Shandra and Mrs. Hardy

So it finally arrived. The much anticipated last day!!! Today Shan had a cute little kindergarten program to show what the kids learned throughout the year. The kids sang so good and were so cute! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. After the program we went back to the classroom and got report cards and a final picture with Mrs. Hardy. Then we went to Jerrick's class and his class gave me a big card and some very cute jewelry for helping out throuout the year. Then they had an award ceremony where Jerrick got awards for best citizenship, most improved reader, math facts to 11, and AB Honor roll. I thought it was cute, but the kids were just interested in the treats that they got with the awards. After we went to Daesha's class and her class gave me some bath stuff for being the room mom and Daesha got her straight A honor roll certificate and her report card, then we came home and the joy of summer break started! Jerrick, Mitchell , and Garrett were fighting with Daesha, Sierra, and Shandra until I told them all that I was going to send them back for summer school. I had to go back to the school for a volunteer luncheon and I got a gift certificate to Sugars, a first aid kit, a new planner from the outgoing pta, and from the school staff I got a gift card for the movies and some popcorn and candy. I got lots of stuff just for being a volunteer

3 comments:

K and K and kids said...

You are such a good mom!! All that volunteering...you're a crazy woman! I am so glad it is summer, but I know that the kids will be driving me crazy before long and I will be counting the days until school starts again.

K and K and kids said...

Oh...by the way...I love the new blog design...VERY cute!

Half a dozen Gregersens said...

You are such an awesome mom! I sure hope I can volunteer this year with Sawyer starting school. I am going to have to get pointers from you.